11 July 2022
NOTIFICATION OF DECISION
22 July 2022
Grant Awarding Coordinator:
GA Deputy Coordinator:
Working Group Leaders:
WG1 Kriton Kalantidis
WG2 Esther Nolte-‘t Hoen
WG3 Lionel Navarro
WG4 Guy Smagghe
HOW TO APPLY
The COST user guide details the whole process and how to navigate the e-COST portal: https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/12/Grant-Awarding-userguide.pdf
- Complete the details in e-COST: https://e- services.cost.eu/activity/grants
- Title of the presentation
- Conference title, date and country
- Budget requested
- Attendance type (face-to-face or virtual)
- Upload the following documentation to e-COST:
- Application form (available on the portal) describing: the relevance of the conference and presentation topic to the Action, the motivation and potential impact on the applicant’s career
- Abstract of the accepted oral or poster presentation o Acceptance letter from the conference organisers
The conference grant does not necessarily cover all the expenses related to participating in a given conference. The budget contributes to the overall travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses, registration fee and printing of the scientific poster.
The grant covers up to 2,000 EUR for face-to-face conferences, or up to 500 EUR for virtual conferences. The grant award committee will decide on the financial contribution for each application.
The committee will assess applications received based on the relevance of the presented work to the exRNA-PATH Action, the scientific merit of the proposal and the anticipated contribution to the researcher’s professional development. The committee will also consider the scope of the requested funds.
Upon approval of the application, the grantee receives a Grant Letter from the Grant Holder stating the approved amount and the conditions for receiving the grant.
REPORTING AND PAYMENT
Within 30 days of the end of the conference, the grantee must submit in e-COST:
- Detailed report using the template provided.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Programme of the conference or book of abstracts/proceedings indicating the presentation.
- Copy of the presentation given (oral or poster) which mustinclude acknowledgment of COST and the exRNA-PATH Action.
The grantee will claim the payment of the grant via e-COST. It will be paid by the Grant Holder (The University of Edinburgh) to the grantee after all the required report and documentation have been submitted and approved.
In addition, we may ask you to write a short blog entry to showcase your involvement on our website or in other communication material (e.g. newsletter).